Dim the lights and turn on your constellation projectors – February 14th is fast approaching! Here are some of the best STEM-themed gifts we found to spoil your loved one or ones on Valentine’s Day. There’s not a periodic table tie in sight…
- Picnic on the Moon Blanket, £14.99, Amazon
Do I need to say more? It’s a picnic blanket that looks like the moon. So you can sit on the moon and have a picnic!
They’re fun, they’re unisex and although I’m no fashion guru, I firmly believe that they will go with absolutely everything you own!
3. Creighton’s Cosmic Cocoa Hot Chocolate Set, £7.95, Creighton’s Chocolaterie
This hot chocolate set creates ‘a galaxy of stars in your mug’! It also comes with a vial of glittering edible stardust. Out of this world!
4. The Drunken Botanist – The Plants That Create The World’s Great Drinks, Amy Stewart, RRP £14.99 but currently £11.53 on Amazon
Amy Stewart’s passion for plants is evident in this very enjoyable read about the chemistry and the botany behind booze. It’s engaging and brilliantly written and features 50 recipes for cocktail enthusiasts.
5. Science Kidz Star Galaxy Projector 10000 Stars, RRP £49.99 but currently £26.99 on Amazon
We couldn’t have a Valentine’s Day gift list without a constellation projector. This one is an affordable and compact but clever gadget that projects clearly and displays the Northern Hemisphere with as many as 10,000 stars. It’s been designed for kids but why should they have all the fun?
6. armstrong jolly ginger, £6, Biscuiteers
While we’ve got our heads in the stars, next on the list is this gingerbread Neil Armstrong. Biscuiteers deliver their jolly gingers in beautiful gift boxes and they are absolutely delicious!
7. Gin & Tonic Sweets, £10, Science Museum Online Shop
Served in fine German scientific glassware, these sweets sound pretty lovely. A bit of sophisticated fun.
8. LED Light Stax Lamp, RRP £19.99, currently £12.49 on Amazon
The powered base means that when a brick is added to it, it lights up so you can create your own lamp. Very fun and probably fits in with your home décor.
9. Superfood Chocolate Gift Box, £15, notonthehighstreet.com
The new ChocoLab range by Quirky Gift Library has brought together chemistry and chocolate, which is served in three petri dishes. This set looks stunning and sounds delicious.
10. Rose quartz candle holder, £16.00, Natural History Museum Online Shop